Many parents get in the habit of only scheduling their child’s annual physical before the school year or at the start of the sports season. This can be the busiest time of year, and it’s possible that you may not be able to schedule an appointment in time.
Did you know that your child can get their physical done now and still have their results be accepted for the school year or sports season? Avoid the rush and call our offices in Buffalo, NY at (716) 884-0230 schedule an appointment today!
Why are Annual Physicals Important?
Even if your child doesn’t require a school or sports physical, an examination is an important part of monitoring their mental and physical development. It’s recommended that children and adolescents receive a physical every year.
During the childhood years to their teenage years, our pediatricians ensure that everything is normal regarding their:
- Vaccines. The doctor will ensure that your child is up to date on all required vaccines. This is an important part of protecting them from harmful diseases. Your child’s school may require this information before the start of the new school year. Also, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration expanded the emergency use authorization for the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines for children ages 12 and up. Talk with your child’s pediatrician about vaccinating your child against COVID-19 during a back-to-school physical.
- Physical development. Our pediatricians will be exam your child to make sure there are no obvious issues.This enables you to identify any issues as soon as possible and provide your child with the finest early intervention tools before the new school year begins. . More specifically, the physical exam will consist of:
- Auditory examination of the heart to check for an irregular rhythm
- Visual examination of the back to check for spine curvature
- Check of the abdomen for hernias
- Lymph node exam to check for swelling
- Mental development. The physician will ask about their socialization, self-esteem, ability to read and write, and if they have any difficulty concentrating. Any areas of concern can be addressed and followed up on during future visits.
Schedule Your Child’s Physical at Delaware Pediatrics
Don’t delay in scheduling your child’s appointment. Call our offices in Buffalo, NY at (716) 884-0230 to get in touch with us!Tags: mental health, physicals, vaccines, yearly checkups
Categorized in: Physicals
This post was written by Delaware Pediatrics